Owning a motorcycle in Scotia, NY comes with its benefits — convenience, ease of weaving through the busy roads, and unlimited fun for those who have a penchant for an adrenaline rush. However, whether you use your bike for pleasure or business, don’t forget one thing — motorcycle insurance. Need to know more about motorcycle insurance? DePaulo Agency has prepared a FAQs section to help you understand motorcycle insurance in detail.
Is motorcycle insurance required in New York?
According to the New York Law, all riders are expected to carry motorcycle insurance as long as they ride on public roads. Failure to have motorcycle insurance results in fines and penalties, including license suspension. Besides, without insurance, you will be required to cater for property damages and medical expenses from your pocket for accidents you cause.
What are the minimum state-required motorcycle insurance coverages?
The NY law requires riders to purchase the below minimum liability coverages in their motorcycle insurance:
- Property damage liability: It covers losses or damage you sustain to other people’s property.
- Bodily injury liability: It covers medical expenses for injuries sustained by other road users for accidents you are deemed liable.
What other motorcycle insurance options do I have?
Motorcycle insurance comes in various forms to help cater to different needs. Other optional motorcycle insurance options to consider include:
- Collision coverage: It covers your bike against damage from collisions.
- Comprehensive coverage: It pays for your bike’s damages or loss resulting from non-collision risks like theft, fire, falling objects, vandalism, and several natural calamities.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage: Covers funeral expenses, medical expenses, and partial loss of income for injuries sustained by you or your passengers in an accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Provides medical and property damage coverage to you when you collide with a motorist carrying zero insurance.
Would you like to buy motorcycle insurance in Scotia, NY? Please contact DePaulo Agency for an affordable quote.