You never know when something will go terribly wrong and it always better to be prepared than caught off guard. There are many ways you prepare your home for something unexpected. One of those ways is by having an emergency kit for your home in Scotia, NY. When you are developing your home emergency kit, make sure you include these necessities:
- Food. Make sure you have at least three days of non-perishable food for each person in the home. You may also want to consider getting food that you do not have to cook in case the power goes out.
- Water. You want to ensure you have enough water for each person for three days. As a rule of thumb, you should have at least a gallon of water per person per day.
- First aid kit. You can get a good first aid kit from the store. Make sure this is always fully packed in case you need it in an emergency.
- A flashlight, extra batteries, and candles. If the power does go out, you want to make sure you have a way to see around you. Make sure you have a way to light the candles.
- Portable phone chargers. If the power goes out, you need a way to use your phone in case you need to call for help. Make sure you always have this backup.
Having a home emergency kit is imperative to remaining safe and secure in your home. DePaulo Agency wants to ensure you are protected in other ways too. One of these ways is by having a great home insurance policy so you can be prepared for almost anything. Contact DePaulo Agency, serving Scotia, NY, today for a free quote on a home insurance policy and more.