It is often a challenge handling various types of Recreational Vehicles (RVs). Whether you own one or more RVs such as Motorhomes, popup campers, or firth wheels, you may or may not be required to purchase RV insurance. DePaulo Agency helps its Scotia, NY neighbors protect their RVs with RV insurance.
Any vehicle that you use on the road, including motorhomes, should be insured properly. It some situations, a lender may require you to have more coverage above the New York minimum liability coverage. For example, a lender may require you to have full coverage for your camper in states where it is not mandatory to have insurance for a towed camper.
An insurance company can offer you specialized coverage on top of the standard set of coverage options for your RVs. Specialized coverage can help you immeasurably at the time of loss. In fact, if you don’t include coverage for custom equipment and personal belongings in your RV insurance policy, replacing a loss can be costly. You should consider purchasing specialized coverage on campers and motorhomes for:
- Total loss replacement: Is often available to RVs that were previously untitled up to one model year old. The claim for agreed value or cash value can be difficult, and thus, you need to know how your policy reads clearly to avoid surprises.
- Custom equipment: This is an important coverage for RVs with custom parts. You need to consider increasing the automatic limit if you have made upgrades on the interior or exterior of your recreational vehicle. It is also vital to keep track of how much you spend on your custom equipment.
- Vacation liability: When your RV is used as a temporary vacation residence, the coverage will come in handy in paying for bodily injury and damage to property in the event of an accident. The option is available for pleasure users only and it pays to specified limits.
- Roadside assistance: Covers for towing costs when the RV is disabled. It covers for disabled RVs when the RV has been disabled through a mechanical breakdown, flat fire, lock-out, battery failure and insufficient supply of fuel oil or other fluids.
- Personal effects: Your personal effects may not be included in the RV policy. So, you should protect your personal effects by purchasing the personal effects coverage from DePaulo Agency in Scotia, NY. If you often travel across state lines, you should check your homeowner’s policy to verify coverage limits.
If you use your RV to escape the city and suburban life during your vacation, you need to protect your asset properly by purchasing RV insurance. Avoid paying for all the bells and whistles by contacting us at DePaulo Agency in Scotia, NY for more information on specialized coverage.